Edward Barnes Ellis, Jr
Eddie Ellis is a journalist, entrepreneur, and life-long student of the heritage of Craven County in North Carolina.
With In This Small Place: Amazing Tales of the First 300 Years of Havelock and Craven County, North Carolina, and Historic Images of Havelock and Cherry Point, Ellis proved himself to be a gifted storyteller.
His third book, New Bern History 101, is a compelling portrait of the city of his birth, New Bern, (North Carolina's Colonial capital) is destined to become a classic of local history.
His most recent book, Whispers of the Long Departed: Untold History of Southern Craven County, N.C., is a 562-page historical treasure. Secrets of our past … declassified. Herein the reader will find the carefully documented and previously undisclosed story of southern Craven County, dating from before the founding of New Bern through the 1940s. And, told for the first time, how the thriving biracial society on the Neuse River’s south shore was radically transformed by both the Civil War and the arrival of Cherry Point Marine Corps Air Station.
Eddie's Book signing Schedule for August 2021
* I speak to the Havelock Friends of the Library at the library Monday August 9 at 2:00. Book signing.
* Tuesday morning August 10 Talk Station radio show Morehead City.
* Tuesday night August 10 I speak at the Havelock Chamber of Commerce "Salute to Veterans" event at the Havelock Tourist and Event Center. Book signing.
* Thursday night, August 12, I speak to the New Bern Historical Society at 6:30 at Tryon Palace. Book signing.
* Trying to get on Sabrina Bengel's Friday morning radio show.
* Friday night August 13, I'm speaking again at Tryon Palace for the Palace itself. Book signing.